4. Apr 2023 | News
Regulation Changes at Kamuiwakka Hot Falls in Shiretoko
From 2023 summer, regulations on the entry of Kamuiwakka Hot Falls in Shiretoko will change as follows. These measures are taken as rockfall preventions after the recent rockfall at the stream.
Until May 31:
The road to Kamuiwakka Hot Falls will be closed
From June 1:
Visitors will be able to go up to the Kamuiwakka Bridege located at the parking lot of the Hot Falls. No entry will be allowed to the stream until July 1
From July 1 to October 1:
– Visitors will be allowed to go up to the 4th Fall
– However, reservations will be needed to enter into the stream from the parking lot
– Entrance fee will be collected (cost not yet announced)
– Reservations will be available on website after mid-May
– Please be aware that there will be a maximum number of admission. First come first served basis.
July 22 to August 19:
For the sake of protecting the wild nature and to prevent over-traffic, no private cars will be able to enter the forest woods to the Hot Fall during this period. There will be a shuttle bus running from Shiretoko Nature Center to Kamuiwakka Hot Falls.
I’ll try to update the information, but if you’re in a hurry, please check these 2 following websites for updated info.
Shiretoko Nature Center (with English)
Shiretoko Shari Tourist Board website (more details, but in Japanese only)